Thursday, May 8, 2014

Full-Time

This is it. It's like my bat mitzvah or something. I am, as of yesterday, officially "full-time." After coming out to my boss, there's no one left in my life who doesn't know, so I no longer have any reason to present as Ryan to anyone, ever. The legalities of that will have to wait a few weeks, but now I can already be Rachel whenever, wherever, and to whomever, I want.

It snuck up on me, to be honest. I wasn't planning to start full-time until the fall semester, but with no one left to come out to, there's no reason not to start now. No more "boy mode" and "girl mode," just "me mode." Mind you, "me mode" (f.k.a. "girl mode") is a lot of work - a solid 2 hours every morning. You might even call this a full-time job now. But it's rewarding work, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Well, except getting the results without having to do the work. But I'm *ahem* working on that.

So I guess this is farewell to an old friend. Let's pour one out for my main man Ryan - RIP, buddy. Your work is done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment